Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing #5-Documents

I spent a lot of time thinking about what I could do with Google.docs. I wanted to make something that would be useful to me. My kids aren't old enough to use the program with each other or with me. Quarterly, the 2nd grade teachers get together with all of our interventionist, academic coach and principal to look at how our students are doing in reading. We keep track of their progress throughout the year. We have often said we should set it up on Excel so that we can sort easily. We are doing it all by hand right now. I decided to make a form that would allow all of the 2nd grade teachers to input their student data quarterly and then we can sort and manipulate as we need to. I've sent my form off to my two colleagues so they can fill in their student data and we can play around with it a bit this year. If it works as I think it will, we can start in September next year. Here is the link to my form:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuJ03kO3x9AIdDhpeVAyOFIwMnJpLUlGM1U1ejdiVHc&hl=en

I think Google Docs could be useful for many. If you are comfortable using computers, have a computer and trust your software to keep your data safe, Google Docs could be very useful to share information quickly and without having to print things out all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment